Waxing Hair Removal
Waxing hair removal is a temporary method of hair removal.
It involves spreading a thin layer of heated wax on the unwanted hair and then covering the wax with a thin piece of paper or cloth which is then rapidly pulled off in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
The hair is pulled out at the root and the treatment typically provides several weeks of hair-free skin before the hair starts to grow back again.
Typically, after several treatments the hair that grows back tends to be finer and softer.
One advantage of waxing hair removal over shaving is that shaving tends to only last for a day or two before the prickly feeling of the regrowing hair is noticeable!
Here are some things to think about if you're considering the waxing hair removal option.
- Can cover larger areas relatively quickly ie. arms, legs, back.
- Can provide several weeks of hairlessness which is longer than shaving or depilatories.
- Can be done at home.
- Is relatively inexpensive when compared to other hair removal options.
- Some body parts should not be waxed ie. eyes, nose, ears.
- Some body parts should be waxed only by a professional ie. genitals.
- Can be painful.
- Can be messy ie. hot, dripping wax.
- Can irritate skin immediately after waxing.
There are also other medical cautions related to waxing that need to be adhered to.
People who are on certain medications and people who suffer from ailments such as diabetes, varicose veins are often warned against waxing.
Before performing waxing on yourself, your best bet is to consult a physician if you're unsure about possible side effects or conditions that you suffer from.
Plus, some waxing hair removal is simply impossible to perform yourself (ie. back waxing) so in some cases, your best bet might be to consult a professional for their waxing hair removal services.
My Experience With Waxing
On this page I'll discuss my experience with waxing as a hair removal option.
Comparing Hot Wax Hair Removal Versus Unheated Waxing And Sugaring
This page will compare heated waxing hair removal to unheated waxing and sugaring.
Return from Waxing Hair Removal to Homepage